我在考虑跳槽

来源:互联网 发布:jenkins怎么修改端口 编辑:程序博客网 时间:2024/03/29 14:04

【我在考虑跳槽】

 

Zina: Dave, there's something I want to talk to you about.

吉娜:        戴夫,我要跟你谈一件事。

 

Dave: Zina, why are you 1) whispering?

戴夫:        吉娜,你干嘛那么小声?

 

Zina: I've been talking to WebTracker. I'm thinking of jumping ship.

吉娜:        我一直跟"网路搜寻家"有联络。我在考虑跳槽。

 

Dave: What? Are you serious? You'd 2) defect to our 3) archrival!?

戴夫:        什么?你是认真的吗?你要向敌人投诚!?

 

Zina: Keep your voice down. We'll talk more later. Right now I need to see Vince.

吉娜:        小声点。我们晚点再详谈。我现在得要去找文斯。

 

Dave: We definitely have to talk, Zina. And watch your back. Elvin is still mad about his nose.

戴夫:        我们一定得聊聊,吉娜。多留点神。艾文还在气他鼻子的那档事。

 

Zina:         OK, but don't tell anyone what I said.

吉娜: 好,不过别把我说的话告诉别人。

 

 

 

语言详解

 

A: (Loudly) Why are you whispering?

 (大喊)你干嘛那么小声啊?

 

B: We're in a library, you dork.

  我们在图书馆里,蠢蛋。

 

Are you serious?你是认真的吗?】

 

serious有两个主要意义,其一是严肃的、认真的,另一是严重的、重大的。与连用时通常是第一种解释,与疾病、局势、问题连用则属第二种解释,例如:

 

We have to be serious about our future.

我们要认真的面对未来。

The situation is really serious.

局势真的很严重。

 

A: I heard John was hospitalized.

    我听说约翰住进医院。

B: Are you serious?

    你是说真的吗?

A: Yes. He suffered a serious injury in an accident.

    真的。他在意外事件中受到严重伤害。

 

1) whisper (v.) 低语,呢喃

2) defect (v.) 背弃(同盟,祖国)to的后面接名词,指所投向的新对象

3) archrival (n.)死敌,最大的敌人 arch这个字首 (prefix)是指首要的,主要的