李阳疯狂英语突破对话(53)-租房子

来源:互联网 发布:远程登录软件 编辑:程序博客网 时间:2024/04/29 02:47
 
53Apartment Hunting
租房子
 
Kim’s Note:
This is a difficult but necessary task if you are going to be in America for a long time.
 
1Hunting for an Apartment 找房
 
ACome on in, let me show you around. Here’s the living room. There are two bedrooms and two bathrooms.
    请进,让我带你们先看看。这是起居室。有两间卧室和两个洗手间。
 
BGreat! The view from this window is wonderful.
    太棒了!窗外的风景很美。
 
AThis is the kitchen.
   这是厨房。
 
BIt looks new.
   看起来很新。
 
AYes, we renovated just last year and replaced all the appliances.
   是的,我们去年刚翻修过,而且更换了所有的器具。
 
BJust look at all the closet space in the master bedroom!
    看主卧室的壁厨空间多大呀!
 
AWell, I’m sure you can fill these closets in no time!
   我相信你很快就会把这些壁柜填满。
 
BOh come on, give me a break. I don’t have that much stuff.
    快别这么说。我哪有那么多东西呀。
 
AAnd here’s a bathroom.
    这是洗手间。
 
BWhat did you say the rent was?
    你刚才说的房租是多少?
 
AFifteen hundred dollars a month.
   一个月1500美元。
 
BDoes that include utilities?
    包水电费吗?
 
AIt includes heat, gas, and hot water. Electricity and telephone are extra.
   包暖气、煤气和热水。电和电话费另付。
 
BWhen will the apartment be available?
   什么时候可以搬进来?
 
AOn the first of the month.
   月初。
 
BWe like it a lot, but we’ll have to think about it. Can we call you tomorrow?
   我们很喜欢这套房子,但还得考虑一下。明天给你打电话好吗?
 
ASure. But don’t wait too long. I have other people who are interested in renting this place.
   当然行了。但是别拖得太久。还有其他人看上了这房子。
 
                       
2Renting an Apartment 租房
 
AHello, Mr. Jackson, this is Jim Johnson. I’m calling about the apartment we looked at yesterday. We’d like to take it, if it’s still available.
    喂,杰克逊先生,我是吉姆·约翰逊。我打电话想跟你谈谈昨天我们看过的那套房子。如果还空着的话,我们想租下来。
 
BGreat!
   那太好了!
 
ASo, what’s the next step?
    那下一步做什么呢?
 
BI’ll draw up a lease and send it to you. What I’ll need from you is one month’s rent as a security deposit, and the first month’s rent in advance.
    我会把租约写好给你寄去。你要给我一个月的房租做保证金。另外预付第一个月的房租。
 
AI’ll get the deposit back, won’t I?
   保证金以后会退还给我对吗?
 
BOf course, as long as the place is not damaged beyond the usual wear and tear when you move out.
   当然了,只要你搬走时房间里除正常磨损以外没有别的损坏就行。
 
AGreat! Can I send you a check?
   太好了!可以给你支票吗?
 
BSure, a check will be fine. Just send it along with the lease after you’ve signed it.
   当然,支票可以。你在租约上签字后把支票一块寄来就行了。
 
AThanks!
   谢谢。
 
额外成就感
租房用语
lease 租约
* You should read the lease carefully before you sign it.
你在租约上签字之前要先仔细阅读。
* Could I have the lease translated before I sign it?
在我签租约之前能不能让人先把它翻译一下?
* I want to have a lawyer look over this lease.
我要找个律师过目一下这份租约。
 
landlord 房东
* I have a really nice landlord.
我的房东人很不错。
* I’ve been trying to get a hold of my landlord for a week.
这个星期以来我一直在试着跟我的房东取得联系。
 
storage space 储藏室,储藏东西的地方
* I’m looking for an apartment with a lot of storage space.
我在找一个有很大储藏室的房子。
* Is there storage space in the building where I can keep my bike?
这栋楼里有没有地方可以放我的自行车?
 
laundry room 洗衣店
* Does this building have a laundry room?
这楼里有没有洗衣房?
* I forgot my wallet in the laundry room. I have to go back and get it.
我把钱包忘在洗衣房了。我得回去取。
 
wear and tear 磨损
* Don’t worry about it. A little wear and tear is to be expected.
别担心,一点点的磨损是免不了的。
* This is a sturdy model. It can take a lot of wear and tear.
这个模型很坚固,经得起磨损。
 
原创粉丝点击