李阳疯狂英语突破对话(58)-上班第一天

来源:互联网 发布:weblogic 建域java路径 编辑:程序博客网 时间:2024/04/30 12:39
 
58 First Day at a New Job
上班第一天
 
1Making an Introduction 介绍
AHi, I’m Cindy Jones. And you must be Tom.
   你好,我叫辛迪·琼斯。你一定是汤姆。
 
BYes, Tom Smith. Nice to meet you.
   是的,我是汤姆·史密斯。很高兴认识你。
 
ALet me introduce you to everyone. Kim, I’d like you to meet our new colleague.
    让我来给你介绍一下。金姆,来见一下我们的新同事。
 
COh, hello, I’m Kim Lee. Good to meet you.
    你好,我叫金姆·李。很高兴认识你。
 
BHi, I’m Tom Smith.
    你好,我叫汤姆·史密斯。
 
CWhere will you be working?
    你在哪个部门上班?
 
BIn the international sales division.
    在国际销售部。
 
COh, right next door. We’ll be seeing a lot of each other then. Let’s have lunch some time.
   噢,就在隔壁。那我们会经常碰面的。有时间我们一起吃午饭吧。
 
BThat sounds great.
   那好呀。
 
ALet me introduce you to Jim now. He’s the manager of our division.
   现在让我给你介绍一下吉姆,他是我们部门的经理。
 
DHey, you must be Tom. We’ve been expecting you. I’m Jim Miller.
    你好,你一定是汤姆了,我们一直在等你呢。我的名字叫吉姆·米乐。
 
BNice to meet you.
   很高兴认识你。
 
DWelcome aboard. We’re like a big family here. If you need anything just ask.
   欢迎你加入我们的行列。我们这里就像一个大家庭,如果你有什么事尽管开口。
 
B: Thanks for the warm welcome.
谢谢大家的热情欢迎。
 
2New Job 新工作的开始
 
ASo, how was traffic this morning?
   今天早上的交通怎么样?
 
BNot bad at all. It took me only twenty minutes to get here. By the way, I was wondering about my hours. I arrived here at 9:00 today. Would it be better if I came earlier?
   不算太坏。我只用了20分钟就到了这里。顺便问一下,我还不知道我们的工作时间呢。我今天9点到的。是不是要提早一点呢?
 
AYes. Would you mind getting here around 8:30? We usually have our managers meeting at 9:00.
   是的。八点半左右来你不会介意吧。我们通常在9点钟召开经理会。
 
BNo problem. And when do you usually leave, 5:00?
   没问题。你通常什么时候离开,五点?
 
AWell, we usually leave when the work’s done. Sometimes that’s 6:00 or even later. Let’s play it by ear.
   通常是工作完成了,我们就离开。有时候到6点或更晚。咱们看着办吧。
 
BSure thing. And one more thing. Could you tell me how the telephone works?
   那没问题。另外还有一件事,你能告诉我怎么使用电话吗?
 
ASure. Dial 9 for an outside line, and then the number you are calling. If you want to contact anyone in the office, just dial their extension.
   当然可以。打外线时先拨9,然后再拨电话号码。如果是和公司里的人通话只要拨他们的分机号码就行了。
 
BOK. Thanks for your help.
    好。谢谢你的帮助。
 
额外成就感
办公室英语
 
manager 经理;管理人员
* I must find out what my manager wants me to do today.
我得弄清楚今天经理要让我做什么。
* I get along great with the new manager.
我跟新上任的经理相处很好。
 
division 部门;分区
* There are thirty people in my division. We all work on editing.
我们部门有30个人,都做编辑。
* I want to transfer to the customer service division.
我想调到客户服务部。
 
A: I work for IBM. 我在IBM工作。
B: What division do you work in? 你在哪个部门?
 
fax 传真
* No one mails letters today; everyone just sends faxes.
现在没有人写信了,如今个个都发传真。
* Could you fax me the details tomorrow morning?
你明天早上把详细情况给我传真过来好吗?
 
dial 电话拨号
* For long distance calls, dial 1 first.
打长途电话先拨1
* I want to call America with this IP card. What do I have to dial first?
我想用这张IP卡打美国长途,我该先拨什么号?
 
超级短语
 
play it by ear 随机应变;看着办
* There are no set working hours; we’ll play it by ear.
我们没有规定的工作时间,看情况而定。
* I don’t have any special plans for the holiday. I’m just going to play it by ear.
我假期没什么安排。到时看着办。
 
原创粉丝点击