英文欣赏

来源:互联网 发布:淘宝店铺估价 编辑:程序博客网 时间:2024/05/01 20:36
Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies. 
爱是一个灵魂住在两个身体里。

The education of a man is never completed until he dies. 
一个人的学习之路,到死才结束。

Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one. 
不要祈求安逸的人生,祈求拥有撑过艰难的力量。

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live. 
整天沉溺于梦想而忘记如何好好生活,毫无意义。

The secret of success is to do the common things uncommonly well. 
成功的秘诀是把平凡的事做得异常的好。

Knowledge is weightless, a treasure you can always carry easily. 
知识没有重量,它是可以随意携带的珍宝。

People always want to lead an active life, and is not it? 
人们总要乐观生活,不是吗?

No matter how hard the past is, you can always begin again. 
不管过去有多么困难,你都可以重新开始。

When you're eighteen your emotions are violent, but they're not durable. 
18岁时,激情有余耐心不足。

There was another life that I might have had, but I am having this one. 
我明明可以过另一种生活,却在过这种生活。  

OK. So, point number one – the software project.
好吧。那么,第一点—软件项目。

Let's move on to the second point on the agenda.
让我们继续看议程上的第二点。  

So, just to recap, we're looking for a new HR director.
那么,总结一下,我们要一招个新的人事主管。

This ergonomic desk is top of the line.
这个符合人体工学原理的桌子是同类产品中的极品。

This model normally retails for $799.
这一款通常零售价为799美元。

A bulk discount applies to orders of 100 units or more.
100台或以上的订单享受批发价。

Just so you know, we are talking with other vendors.
只想让你知道,我们在和其他厂商谈。

That price would leave me with a razor-thin margin.
这个价格会让我们的利润微薄。
     
Hi, Chuck.
I am writing with regard to the proposed deal with Fountain. Please find attached my final report. I've also attached a separate document with a more detailed financial analysis. Plus, I've already forwarded you the latest proposal from Fountain. I think that's all you need for now.
I'm Cc-ing Sheila, as she will need to see any comments you have.
Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
Best regards,
Bob

I work for a global company. I've been lucky enough to travel around the world and do business with many different people in many different countries. What I've learned is that understanding cross-cultural differences is critical for successful communication.
For example, people from my culture are apt to maintain eye contact in a conversation. In some countries I've visited, however, maintaining eye contact can be considered rather rude or even aggressive. I also have a way of gesturing a lot – you know, like moving my hands and pointing. In one country, I learned that pointing with a finger is somewhat impolite. Oh, yeah – and I have a tendency to talk a lot and be quite direct. I also tend to be a little uncomfortable with silence. There are a lot of countries where just the opposite is true.
I guess my point is that it's important to be sensitive to the culture you're working in. You don't have to be perfect, but a little understanding goes a long way!