李阳疯狂英语突破对话(66)-快乐的一晚

来源:互联网 发布:通过蓝牙共享网络 编辑:程序博客网 时间:2024/05/16 09:26
 
66 A Fun Night快乐的一晚
 
AMr. Wilson, I’d like you to meet my wife, Joan.
   威尔逊先生,让我给您介绍我的太太琼。
 
BVery nice to meet you. This is a wonderful party.
   很高兴认识您。这个聚会好极了。
 
ANice to meet you. I’m glad you’re enjoying yourself.
   有幸认识您。很高兴您玩得开心。
 
BWould you like something to drink?
   要不要喝点什么?
 
AYes, I’ll have a glass of white wine. Thank you.
   给我来一杯白葡萄酒吧。谢谢。
 
BThere are some snacks over here. Please try some.
   这儿有些小吃。请尝尝。
 
AMmm. They’re delicious. What recipe did you use?
    啊,真好吃。您怎么做的?
 
BWell, it’s a secret! Too bad your wife couldn’t join us tonight. I understand she had to leave town on business.
   这是秘密!您太太今晚不能来真是太遗憾了。我知道她要出差。
 
AYes, unfortunately.
   是的,真太不巧了。
 
BSo that leaves only you to take care of your son?
   这样就只留下您照看儿子了。
 
BWe used to have a baby–sitter, but now he’s old enough to stay home alone.
   我们以前有个保姆,但现在孩子大了,可以自己在家了。
 
AHow old is he?
   他多大了?
 
BFourteen.
   14岁。
 
AWhere does he go to school?
   他在哪儿上学?
 
BHe’s at JFK High School.
   JFK中学。
 
AWhat a coincidence. Our youngest goes to school there as well. She’ll graduate this spring.
   真是太巧了。我们最小的女儿也在那上学。她今年春天毕业。
 
BDoes your daughter already know what she wants to do after graduation?
   您女儿毕业后想干什么呢?
 
AShe’s thinking about going to Boston University.
   她想去波士顿大学。
 
BOh, Boston is such a wonderful city for young people. As a matter of fact, I went there just last weekend.
   噢,波士顿对年轻人来说真是个绝妙的城市。其实我上个周末刚去过那儿。
 
ASo did we.
   我们也去了。
 
BYou’re kidding! What did you do there?
   真的?你们去那儿做什么?
 
AWe just stopped for dinner on our way back from a skiing trip.
   我们滑雪回来在那儿停留吃晚饭。
 
BHow nice! I used to go skiing all the time, but now I just don’t seem to find the time. Where did you say you went?
   真棒!我过去常去滑雪,现在好像老没时间。你说你们去哪儿来着?
 
ATo a small, cozy place in Vermont. You should join us some time.
   去了佛蒙特州一个小巧安逸的地方。你有时间可以跟我们一块去。
 
BI’d love to. 好啊。
 
ASo tell us, how do you like life in New York?
   你觉得纽约的生活怎么样?
 
BIt’s quite an adjustment. My wife and son are adapting quite well, though.
   很多东西需要适应。我太太和儿子都很能适应的。
 
AAnd what about you? 那你呢?
 
BBetween you and me, I just can’t get used to city life.
   这只在你我之间说,我对城市生活就是不习惯。
 
 
额外成就感
 
舞会英语
wine 葡萄酒;酒
* Would you like red or white wine? 你是喝红酒还是白酒?
* I always like to take a bottle of wine as a gift when I’m invited to someone’s home for dinner.
我每次应邀请去别人家吃饭时,总爱带瓶酒作礼物。
 
recipe 烹饪法
* You have to give me your recipe for these cucumber noodles.
你要告诉我怎么做黄瓜面条。
* Can you write down the recipe for this dish? It’s delicious.
你能把这道菜的做法写下来吗?太好吃了。
 
coincidence 巧合;一致
* I can’t believe you grew up in Beijing as well. What a coincidence!
我简直不敢相信你也在北京长大。真是太巧了!
* We met each other by coincidence.
我们碰巧遇到了。
 
adapt 使适应
* It’s hard for me to get used to the city, but my son is adapting well.
我很难适应城市的生活,但是我的儿子倒适应得蛮快。
* Do you think it will be easy to adapt to life in America?
你认为我会很快适应美国的生活吗?
 
原创粉丝点击