2013-05-12《第35课情景对话》

来源:互联网 发布:考研每天时间安排 知乎 编辑:程序博客网 时间:2024/06/06 19:01

Dialogue 1:
A: I think we’re going to save some extra money this year.
   我想我们今年要额外存些钱了。
B: Is that because of the tax cuts?
   因为减税吗?
A: That’s right. Do you think we should spend that money orkeep
saving it?
   对。你认为我们该把那笔钱花掉还是存起来呢?
B: I think we should take a nice vacation.
   我想我们应该好好度个假。
A: Really? We just went to see your parents for Thanksgiving.
   真的吗?我们感恩节刚刚去探望过你的父母。
B: You know what I mean. I think we should take a real vacation.Not
just going to see relatives.
  你知道我的意思,我想我们应该过一个真正的假期,不单单是去探亲戚。
A: Where would you like to go?
   你想去哪里?
B: A friend of mine at work just got back from the Bahamas. We cango
there.
  我一个工作上的朋友刚从巴哈马回来。我们可以去那里。
A: That would be nice. Do you think the kids would be happythere?
   那敢情好。你想孩子们会喜欢到那儿去吗?
B: I’m sure they would. We could find out more. though.
   我肯定他们会的。但我们还可以想出更多地方。
A: Would you mind going somewhere with more wilderness areas?
   你介意去一些更多荒野的地方吗?
B: Like what for example?
   比如哪里呢?
A: I’ve always wanted to go to Alaska. Maybe do some fishingand
hiking.
   我一直都想去阿拉斯加。也许去钓鱼和登山。
B: I could do that. But I prefer to lay on the beach and get somesun.
   我可以做那些事情,但我更情愿躺在沙滩上晒晒太阳。
A: Well. We’ve got plenty of time to plan.
   反正我们有充足的时间作计划。
B: Even the planning will be fun. I can’t wait to getstarted.
  即使作计划也是充满乐趣的。我等不及要开始行动了。

 

 

Dialogue2:
A: What language class did you sign up for?
   你报名参加什么语言课程?
B: What? What do you mean?
   什么?你什么意思?
A: Our school requires everyone to study a language.
   我们学校要求每一个人都学习一种语言。
B: Oh, right. I signed up for Spanish.
   哦。对了。我报名参加了西班牙语课。
A: You want to take Spanish this year? why?
   你今年要学西班牙语?为什么?
B: It’s becoming a very common language in this country. Itjust
makes sense to understand Spanish.
  西班牙语在这个国家变得很普遍了,学会西班牙语是明智的。
A: That’s true. But it’s kind of  boring.
   那是真的。但它有点枯燥。
B: I’m a business major. I don’t care about languages. Whatlanguage
are you going to study?
  我是主修商科的。语言对我来说不大要紧。你打算学什么语言。
A: Me? I’m going to study Japanese.
   我?我打算学日语。
B: Wow. That’s difficult.
   哇,很难学的哦。
A: I know. But I figured it would be interesting.
   我知道。但我想它会挺有趣的。
B: It sure will be. But don’t complain to me when it getsdifficult.
   肯定会。但觉得难学的时候可别向我抱怨。
A: Then don’t complain to me when Spanish gets boring.
   那觉得西班牙语枯燥的时候可别向我抱怨。
B: It will be boring. But I don’t care.
   它是会枯燥。但我不在乎。
A: Well. I’m looking forward to studying Japanese.
  反正我现在正期待着学日语呢。
B: Keep me updated about how it’s going.
  学得怎么样要告诉我。

 

 

 

Dialogue3:
A: What are you doing later this week?
   这个星期后面几天你有什么打算?
B: I don’t know. Why do you ask?
   我不知道。干嘛问这个?
A: Maybe we could go to the art museum for our class project.
   也许我们可以去艺术博物馆完成我们的课堂任务。
B: What class project?
   什么课堂任务?
A: You don’t remember? The professor in our art history class saidwe
have to each make a trip to the art museum and write aboutit.
  你不记得了吗?我们的艺术史教授叫我们每人人到艺术博物馆一趟,还要把
见闻记下来。
B: Oh, yes. I completely forgot. What day do you want to go?
   是了。我全忘了。你想哪天去?
A: I was thinking about Friday afternoon after class.
   我正考虑星期五下午放学后。
B: That sounds fine to me. What do you want to write about?
   那正合我意。你打算写关于什么的内容呢?
A: I heard that the museum has some pieces by Rodin. I was goingto
write on that.
  我听说博物馆里有一些罗丹的作品。我打算写关于他的东西。
B: Who is Rodin?
   罗丹是谁?
A: He’s a famous French sculptor. He did the statue calledThe
Thinker.
  他是一个著名的法国雕塑家。塑像《思想者》就是他的作品。
B: I’ve seen that one. That would be interesting to writeabout.
   我看过那个雕塑。那将会是一个有趣的写作题材。
A: That statue isn’t there. But there are others.
     那个雕塑不在那儿,但有其他的。
B: We’ll have to go see them.. at least that gets thisrequirement
done and out of the way.
   我们得去看看。至少把作业完成了。免得碍事。
A: I agree. I hate waiting until the last moment.
  我同意。我讨厌把事情拖到最后一记得刻才做。

 

 

 

Dialogue4:
A: it’s hard to believe we’re going to graduate in twomonths.
   很难相信我们还有两个月就毕业了。
B: I know. Time has passed by so fast.
   我知道。时间过得真快。
A: Are you still planning to go to medical school?
   你还计划上医学院吗?
B: Yeah. I’m ready to go. What about you?
   是的。我已经准备好了。你呢?
A: I’m going to take a year to go work in Chicago. Then tryto
decide.
   我打算花一年时间去芝加哥工作。然后再作决定。
B: That sounds like a good idea. What kind of job in Chicago areyou
going to do?
   那听起来是个好主意。你打算在芝加哥干什么工作呢?
A: I’m not sure. I just like Chicago. What kind of doctor do youwant
to be?
  我还不确定。我就是喜欢芝加哥。你想要当哪一类医生呢?
B: I was thinking about working with children’s problems.
   我正在考虑要不要研究儿童问题。
A: That sounds like a good profession.
   那听起来是个不错的职业。
B: Maybe. But I don’t know if I can handle it. I’ll have tofind
out.
   也许吧。但我不知道我能不能胜任。我得弄清楚。
A: Why do you say that?
   你怎么那么说?
B: It bothers me more when a child is hurt. Rather than an adult.It’
s hard to deal with a hurt child.
  小孩子受伤比大人更让我烦恼。应付一个受伤的小孩子可不容易。
A: I hadn’t thought of that. That could be really stressful. Atleast
you’ll be doing something good, though.
  我还没想过那个。那的确会有很大的压力。但至少你是在做一些有益的事。
B: That’s what I say to myself. I have to get through medicalschool
first.
   那就是我对自己所说的。我必须得先读完医学院。
A: That won’t be easy. Good luck. Though.
   那将不容易。但祝你好运。
B: Yeah. Thanks. Good luck to you too. Mark.
  是啊。谢谢。我也祝你好运。马克。

 

 

 

 

Dialogue5:
A: Where are you going?
   你要到哪里去?
B: I’m going to the swimming pool to swim.
   我要到游泳池去游泳。
A: Do you like swimming? It seems that you go often.
   你喜欢游泳吗?好像你经常去。
B: Yes. I do. I’m training for a triathlon.
   是的。我正在为参加三项全能运动而训练。
A: What’s that?
   那是什么?
B: it’s a race. But with running, swimming and bicycling.
   它是一种田径赛。但包括跑步,游泳,单车。
A: Wow. That sounds tough..
   哇。听起来可不轻松。
B: It will be. That’s why I have to train so often.
   是不轻松。那就是我为什么要那么经常训练。
A: When is the race?
   比赛是在什么时候?
B: it’s going to be in 4 months. It’s in San Diego.
   4个月后,在圣地亚哥。
A: Are you nervous?
   你紧张吗?
B: Not yet. It’s too  far away right now to benervous.
   还没有。现在还紧张得太早。
A: Well. I hope you keep working hard.
   我希望你坚持勤奋练习。
B: thanks. I will. So I’d better get to the pool now.
   谢谢。我会的。所以我最好现在就去游泳池了。
A: Okay. See you later.
  好的。回头见。
B: Bye-bye.
再见

 

 

原创粉丝点击