2013-05-11《第33课情景对话》

来源:互联网 发布:考研每天时间安排 知乎 编辑:程序博客网 时间:2024/06/14 02:01

Dialogue1:

A:Where are you going?
   你要到哪儿去?
B: I’m going to the store. I need to buy some new razorblades.
   我要到商店去。我需要买些新的剃须刀片。
A: At this hour? It’s almost midnight.
   在这个时候?差不多半夜了。
B: I know. But I have a job interview tomorrow. I’m out of sharprazors.
  我知道。但我明天要去面试一份工作。我没有锋利的刀片了。
A: I guess you don’t want to make a bad impression with a badshave.
   我猜你是不想因为胡须理得不好而给人留下坏印象。
B: Exactly. To be honest. I hate shaving every day.
   完全正确。老实说。我讨厌每天刮胡子。
A: I can’t sympathize. I don’t have to shave every day.
   我帮不了你。我不需要每天刮胡子。
B: Some guys don’t. they’re lucky. I have to. Or I start to looklike a bear.
  有些人就是不用。他们是幸运的。我就必须得刮。不然我看起来会像一只熊一样。
A: Maybe you should let yourself look like a bear.
   也许你就该让你自己看起来像一只熊。
B: Very funny. What kind of job or girlfriend. Would I getthen?
   你说的好笑。那我还会有什么工作,或女朋友呢?
A: That’s true. But then you wouldn’t have to shave everyday.
   那倒是真的。但你就不用每天刮胡子了。
B: Some things are worth the trouble.
   有些事情是值得这些麻烦的。
A: As long as you’re happy. I’m happy. Anyway. You’d better gobefore the store closes
  只要你高兴。我就高兴了。不管怎么说。你最好快点走。免得商店关门了。
B: Right. I’ll be back in a little bit.
   对。我很快回来。

 

 

Dialogue2:

A:Look at the time . It’s five minutes past nine.
   看看是什么时间?现在是9:05了。
B: I guess I’m late for work again.
   我想我又迟到了。
A: I hate to ask. But why are you late so often?
   我真不想问。但你怎么老是迟到呢?
B: If you must know. It's because I usually take too long eatingbreakfast.
  如果你一定要知道的话。我告诉你。是因为我吃早餐吃的太久了。
A: Really? I almost never eat breakfast especially during theweek.
   是吗?我几乎从不吃早餐。尤其是周日期间。
B: I don’t see how you do that. I have to eat breakfast everyday.
   我不明白你怎么办得到的。我每天都得吃早餐。
A: Why? Is it a habit for you?
   为什么?是你的习惯吗?
B: No. if I don’t eat breakfast. Then I don’t have enough energyduring the day.
   不是。如果我不吃早餐的话,我整天都会精力不足。
A: I guess I’m lucky that I don’t have that problem.
   我想我很幸运没有那个问题。
B: Yes . you do. Do you notice how tired you get later in themorning?
  你有的。你留意到早上过一段时间以后你是多久疲倦吗?
A: That’s when I drink coffee to wake me up.
   那就是我需要喝咖啡提神的时候了。
B: That works. But it’s artificial. You’re not really getting anyreal energy.
  那是可行。但只是人为的而已。你实际上并没有得到任何能量补充。
A: Maybe. But I’m not late for work, either.
   也许吧。但我不会上班迟到。
B: Work is not the most important part of life.
   工作不是人生最重要的部分。
A: It is for me.
    Let’s justsay that breakfast is a daily habit for you and coffee is a dailyhabit for me.
   对我而言是的。
   让我们这么说吧,早餐是你的日常习惯。而咖啡是我的日常习惯。
B: Breakfast is not a habit. It’s a healthy way to live.
   早餐不是一个习惯。而是一种健康的生活方式。
A: I’d love to talk about this more. But I’ve got to get back towork.
    We can talkmore over coffee later.
   我乐意就这个话题再多说一些,只是我得回去工作了。
  我们可以待会儿边喝咖啡边谈。

 

 

Dialogue3:

A:Did you check your e-mail today?
   你今天查过电邮了吗?
B: No. I didn’t have time. why?
   没有。我没时间。有什么事吗?
A: Our friend Steve just got a new job in Chicago.
   我们的朋友斯蒂夫刚刚在芝加哥找到一份新工作。
B: That’s great. By the way. Do you check your e-mail everyday?
   那太好了。顺便问一下,你每天都查电邮的吗?
A; Every morning and night. It’s a habit. I like to stayinformed.
   每天早晚。习惯了。我喜欢保持消息灵通。
B: What are you afraid of missing? I doubt your life is thatexciting.
  你担心错过什么呢?我真怀疑你的生活有没有那么刺激。
A: Very funny. If I’m already on the internet. Why not take anextra minute to look for new e-mail.
  你这么说真好笑。如果我已经上网了。干吗不多用几分钟看看有没有新邮件呢?
B: I don’t. because half of my e-mail is just advertisements. It’sgarbage.
  我不会。因为我的邮件中一半都是广告而已。简直就是垃圾。
A: Mine too. But I still like to know what’s going on.
   我的也是。但我还是想知道正在发生什么事。
B: Well. Then I can count on you to tell me what’s happening withour friends.
   那我就指望你告诉我关于我们的朋友的事情啦。
A: Don’t worry. I won’t let you down on that job.
   别担心。那项工作,我不会令你失望的。
B: I know. That’s what I think is so funny.
  我知道。那就是我觉得好笑的地方。

 

 

 

Dialogue4:

A: Ithought I saw you out running this morning.
   我想我今天早上看到你在外面跑步。
B: You probably did. I was out jogging
   你可能真的看到。我出去慢跑了。
A: That’s good. Do you go every morning?
   那很好。你每天早上都跑吗?
B: I try to. Unless the weather’s bad or I’m not feelingwell.
   我尽量做到。除非天气不好或者我身体不适。
A: Really? I never feel well. If that means jogging atsunrise.
  真的吗?如果有一天早起来慢跑才算是身体好的话,我的身体就从来没好过
B: Does that mean you don’t enjoy running?
   你的意思是说你不喜欢跑步吗?
A: It certainly does. Especially so early.
   当然。尤其是那么早。
B: I understand that. It’s hard to get out of bed in the morning alot of times.
   我明白。要天天早上从被窝里起来是很难的。
A: Then why you do it?
   那你为什么这样做呢?
B: It’s become a habit. I don’t feel awake in the morning unless Igo running first.
  已成习惯了。如果我不先跑跑步的话,我上午会感到没精神的。
A: I guess I could see how that might be true. But I rather get abig more sleep.
   我想我能明白当中的道理。但我情愿多睡一会。
B: I have to get up out of bed and start to get dressed before Ican think about it.
   我要在我考虑起不起床之前就要必须起床穿衣了。
A: The alarm goes off and you get up immediately.
   闹钟一响,你就马上起床。
B: Yes. Immediately. Otherwise. I’ll realize how tired I feel andjust fall back asleep.
  是的。马上。不然,我就会意识到我是多么疲倦。然后又倒下去睡了。
A: What about when it’s cold in the morning?
   当早上很冷的时候呢?
B: Like any other activity. I just wear warmer clothes.
   就像任何其他活动一样。我穿上御寒的衣服就是了。
A; I guess that makes sense.
   我相信那有道理。
B: Maybe you should come with me sometime.
   也许你应该找个时候跟我一起出去。
A: Maybe not. You have fun. I’ll sleep late.
  也许不要了吧。你找你的乐子,我睡我的懒觉。

 

 

Dialogue5:
A: What are you doing now?
   你正在干什么?
B: I’m going home to water my plants.
   我正要回家去给我的植物浇水。
A: Do you have to do that every day?
   你每天都要做这件事吗?
B: Of course. Don’t you need water every day?
   当然。难道你不是每天都需要水吗?
A: I hadn’t thought of it like that. Do you have to do anythingelse to take care of them?
  我没想过种花要那样的。你还要做什么别的事情来照料它们吗?
B: Not really, I just have to give them plenty of sunlight and someplant food.
  实际上没什么。我只须要给它们足够的阳光和一些养料。
A: That’s not too much work.. but isn’t it hard to do it everyday?
   那也不是太多活。但要天天如此也不容易。不是吗?
B: Sometimes it’s not convenient. But it’s easier than taking careof a child.
   有时候有点麻烦。但总比照顾一个小孩容易。
A: What does that I have to do with the subject?
   那跟带小孩有什么关系?
B: One day I want a child. If I can’t take care of a plant. How canI take care of a child.
  有一天我会想要一个小孩的。如果我连一株植物都照顾不好,我怎么能照顾好一个孩子呢?
A: So. The plant is just practice for  raising achild?
   那么说,养花是养孩子的练习啦?
B: No. not really. It’s just something I tell myself in order to beresponsible.
  不完全是。我只是为了让自己有责任心才这样告诫自己的。
A: Oh. I see. Well. I’d better not keep you from your plants.
  哦。我明白了。那么我还是不要妨碍你去照料的花草了。
B: You can come with me and see what I have to do.
   你可以跟我来看看我要做些什么。
A: Okay. This could be fun. Maybe I’ll learn something too.
   好的。这定会很有趣。可能我还会学到一点东西。
B: Maybe so. Let’s go.
  也许吧。我们走。

 

 

原创粉丝点击