2013-05-12《第36课情景对话》

来源:互联网 发布:考研每天时间安排 知乎 编辑:程序博客网 时间:2024/06/06 19:40

Dialogue 1
A:How’s your biology class going?
你的生物课上得怎么样?
B:It’s interesting. But there’s so much work.
很有趣,但有许多作业要做。
A:That’s what I was told. I’m glad I picked chemistry class thissemester.
别人也是这样对我说的。 我很高兴我这个学期选了化学。
B:It’s not that simple. Biology may be difficult. But it’s moreinteresting than chemistry.
事情并不那么简单。生物是很难,但比化学有趣多了。
A:There are many interesting things in life. But you wouldn’t knowbecause you spend all your time studying for class.
生活中有许多有趣的事情,但是你却无法了解的,因为你将所有的时间都花在学习功课上了。
B:That’s okay with me. Next week we’re going to be studyingjellyfish. What are you studying.
这对我来说没什么问题,下星期我们将学习水母,你们将学习什么?
A:I don’t even know. I think acid and base chemicalreactions.
我还不知道,我想是学习酸和盐基化学反应吧。
B:It’s just my opinion. But I think that’s pretty boring.
这只是我个人意见而已,但我记得那的确相当枯燥。
A: Do you think jellyfish are less boring?
你认为水母没那么枯燥吗?
B:Definitely. There are some near Australia that are larger than aperson.
当然。在澳大利亚附近有些水母比人还大。
A:So what? Many things are larger than people.
那又怎么样?许多东西都比人大。
B:They poison other fish and digest them while the fish arealive.
它们对其他鱼放毒,然后将这些鱼活活消化。
A:Okay. I admit that that is pretty interesting.
好吧!我承认那相当有趣。
B:Anyway. I have to get back to studying.
反正, 我得回去学习了。
A:Wow! You’re really involved in this class.
哇!你的确对这门课很用心。
B:Yeah. I am. See you later.
是的。再见。

 

 

Dialogue 2
A:I’m so tired right now.
我现在真是累极了。
B:You look tired. Did you get any sleep last night?
你看起来很累。你昨晚睡觉了吗?
A:Very little. Maybe four hours at the most.
睡得很少,最多不过睡了四个钟头。
B:Why? Were you out at a party on a school night?
为什么?你昨晚出去参加晚会了吗?
A:I wish. In fact. I was up most of the night studying for theFrench test on Friday.
但愿如此。实际上,我昨晚大部分时间都用来学习,为星期五的法语考试作准备。
B:Today’s only Tuesday.
今天才星期二。
A:Yes. But I haven’t been keeping up in French class. I’m trying tocram a lot of knowledge into my brain at the last minute.
没错,但我的法语课一直没跟上。我正设法在最后的关头将一大堆知识塞进脑袋。
B:I guess you should have been studying more regularly all throughthe semester.
我认为你应该把整个学期的学习安排好,使学习时间更有规律。
A:That’s easy to say now. Anyway. I’m exhausted.
现在说已经没用了,反正我是筋疲力尽了。
B:I’m pretty good at French. Do you need any help?
我的法语还不错,你需要帮忙吗?
A:I might. Although it might be late for that.
需要,虽然也许对于那考试来说太迟了。
B:Well, you’re pretty good at math, right?
听说你对数学挺擅长的,对吗?
A:It’s the only subject I’m not worried about right now.
那是我目前唯一不担心的科目。
B:Good! I have a paper to write for my math class.
好极了!我的数学课有一篇论文要写。
A: Do you need some help with it?
你需要我帮忙吗?
B:Yes. If you help me with math, I’ll help you with French.
是的。如果你帮我学数学,我就帮你学法语。
A:It’s a deal. We can both benefit from this.
就这样定了。我们这样做各得其所。
B:How about you go home and take a nap? Then meet me at the libraryafter dinner to study.
你不如先回家睡上一觉,然后晚饭后在图书馆会面一起学习。
A:Okay. I’ll see you then.
好吧。到时见。

 

 

Dialogue 3
A:What’s in the bag?
包里装的是什么?
B:These are two books I had to buy for my European historyclass.
这是我为欧洲历史课不得不买的两本书。
A:Are they interesting? Can I have a look?
它们有趣吗?我能一起看吗?
B:Sure. They’re about French peasants in the 16th century.
当然可以,它们是讲关于十六世纪时法国农民的事情。
A:Wow. I guess that’s not very interesting.
喔,我觉得那并不是很有趣。
B:It might be. I hope so at least. This class requires us to do alot of reading.
可能会挺有趣吧,至少我希望是这样,这门课需要我们大量阅读。
A:I’ve noticed that you’re always getting new books.
我留意到你总是买新书。
B:Yes. And this is the reason why.
没错,而这就是我买书的原因。
A:Who’s the professor for that class?
这门课的教授是谁?
B:It’s professor Carmichael.
卡米克尔教授。
A:Oh. I’ve heard about him.
噢,我听说过他。
B:Really? What have you heard?
真的?你听到了些什么?
A:Just that he’s really tough. And he assigns a lot of reading. Iguess it’s true.
只是说他实在很严格,而且布置大量的阅读,我想这些都是真的。
B:It is true, but so far I can handle it.
是真的。但到目前为止我还能应付得了。
A:Well. I hope you can keep up with the work.
我希望你能跟得上。
B:I should be able to keep up. I have to run to class now. I’lltalk to you later.
我应该可以跟得上,我现在得跑去上课了,以后跟你聊。
A:Okay. See you later.
好的。再见。

 

 

Dialogue 4
A:Where were you today?
你今天去哪了?
B:What do you mean?
你为什么这样问?
A:You weren’t in class. Where were you?
你没来上课,你到哪去了?
B:I overslept. I was too tired. So what?
我睡过头了,我太累了,那又怎么样?
A:How can you not care? You’ve missed 4 classes this month.
你竟然还不当一回事?你这个月已经旷了四节课。
B:I’ve missed four chemistry classes.
我是旷了四节化学课。
A:What does that have to do with anything?
这跟我要说的有什么关系?
B:Chemistry is so boring. It’s hard to go to class when I have noincentive.
化学课太枯燥了,没有动力,去上课就很困难。
A:If you miss too many more. You’ll fail the class. How is that foran incentive?
如果你再多旷些课,你这门课就会不及格了,这难道不能成为一种动力吗?
B:It should be a pretty good incentive. I guess I need to make sureI go to class.
这倒是一种相当好的动力,我想我需要确保自己去上课。
A:Today was very important. He told us what to review for nextweek’s class.
今天的课非常重要,老师告诉我们下星期的课要复习哪些内容。
B: Did you take notes?
你做笔记了吗?
A:Yes I did. Do you need to borrow them?
记了,你需要借吗?
B:It would be great if I could have a look.
要是我能借来看看,那将太好了。
A:Okay. But you have to promise me not to miss any more class thissemester.
好吧。但你得答应我这个学期不再缺课了。
B:I promise. I have to go from now on.
我答应你,从现在起我得开始行动了。

 

 

Dialogue 5
A:Hey Liz. Are you busy?
你好!莉斯,忙吗?
B:Not really. I was just going to do the laundry.
不怎么忙,我正准备洗衣服。
A:I wanted to ask you what you’re writing about for your historypaper.
我想问问你的历史论文要写什么内容。
B:I was thinking about writing on the English IndustrialRevolution.
我在考虑写英国的工业革命。
A:Really. Why that?
真的,为什么选这个题目呢?
B:It’s the beginning of the industrial modern world. I wanted tohave a better understanding of that.
英国的工业革命是现代工业社会的开端,我想对这方面了解更多一些。
A:Oh. That makes sense. I’m worried, because I have no topicideas.
哦,那倒是挺有道理的。我很担心,因为还没想到写什么题目。
B:We have almost two months. Why are you worried now?
我们还有差不多两个月时间,为什么你现在就担心呢?
A:I would just feel better if I had something to focus on.
要是我已经选定某个题目,我可能会觉得好过些。
B:Well. What are you interested in writing about?
那么,你对写什么东西感兴趣呢?
A:That’s the problem. I’m not really interested in this atall.
问题正是在这里,我实际上对这件事一点兴趣也没有。
B:Then pick something that you could be interested in. if youtried.
那么选一些自己会感兴趣的东西来写吧,如果你试图要写的话。
A:I guess that’s what I’ll have to do.
我想也只能这样做了。
B: Let me know how that goes. I’ve got to run. I’ll talk to youlater.
让我知道你做得怎么样,我得走了,以后再谈。

 

原创粉丝点击