2013-05-11《第二十六课情景对话》

来源:互联网 发布:考研每天时间安排 知乎 编辑:程序博客网 时间:2024/05/20 20:56

Dialogue1:

A:  We need to really study for tomorrow's history test.
     我们需要真正来准备一下明天的历史测验了。
B:   It's so tough . I can'tremember all those dates.
     它是那么难,我记不准所有那些日子。
A:   Let's test each other. We'llmake it like a game show.
     我们互相提问吧。我们就把它弄成像一个游戏节目一样。
B:   Okay.That sounds fun.
     好吧,听起来蛮有趣的。
A:   First question. When was theDeclaration of Independence ?
     第一个问题:独立宣言什么时候发表?
B:   That's easy. July4th,1776.
      那还不容易。1776年7月4日。
A:   Okay. Here's a harderone.When was Peal Harbor attacked?
     好的。再来个难一点的。珍珠港什么时候遇袭的?
B:   December 7th. Right?
     12月7日,对吗?
A:   What year? Tell me theyear.
     哪一年?告诉我年份。
B:   1940.
     1940年。
A:   Wrong! It was 1941.
     错了!是1941年。
B:   See! It is toodifficult.
     你看!太难了。
A:   You just need to relax. Mostof the test isn't about dates anyway.
     你就是需要休息一下。不管怎么说,测验中大部分题目都不是关于日子的。
B:   Yes, but a lot of it isabout dates.
     是的,但相当一部份是跟日子有关的。
A:   Don't worry. Relax and dothe best you can.
     别担心,放松一点,做到最好。
B:   Easy for you to say.
     你说的就容易。

 


Dialogue2:

A: Wow! Our boss is really tough.
     哇!我们的老板让我们可真够呛的。
B:   Why? What happenednow?
     怎么这么说?现在发生什么事啦?
A:   Remember that report on citytax Laws we had to do by December 15th?
     还记得12月15日之前我们要完成的那个关于市税法的报告吗?
B:   Of course I remember. We'veonly got three weeks left to finish it.
     当然记得。我们只剩3个星期来完成。
A:   Not anymore.
     不再是了。
B:   Why? Did he cancel it?
     什么?他取消了吗?
A:   No.He moved the deadline upto December 5th.
     不,他把上交限期提前到12月5日。
B:   That's less than two weeksaway. We'll never finish it by then!
     那不是不到两个星期了吗?我们永远也不可能在那之前完成的!
A:   Staycalm [kɑm]. We'll justhave to work overtime.
     保持镇静。我们将不得不加班了。
B:   I guess you're right. Thatmeans extra  hours in the office.
     我想你说的对。那就意味着在办公室加班了。
A:   I think we can do it. What'stomorrow's date?
     我想我们能做得到的。明天是在什么日子?
B:   Tomorrow is November25th.
     明天是11月25日。
A:   We'll have to really startworking faster.
     我们真的要开始把事情做快一点了。
B:   Yes,we do. I hope we canfinish on time.
     是的。我希望我们能按时完成。
A:   I think we will. At least Ihope so.
     我想能的。至少我希望能。


Dialogue3:

A:  Ms. Fisher do you want your flight booked for the businessconvention?
     费雪女士,你要我为你预定去参加商务会议的机票吗?
B:   The one inDenver?  Yes,please do that,Cathy.
     丹佛那个吗?要的,请帮我订吧,凯西。
A:   What date do you want toleave by?
     你想哪一天走呢?
B:   Well, the convention startson the 24th of March, but I wanted some time to seeDenver. 
     大会是从3月24日开始,但我想多点时间看看丹佛。
A:   How about I book a flightfor the 22nd?
     订22日的机票怎么样?
B:   No, I want more time to seeDenver. I want to fly out on the 20th.
     不,我还要多一点时间看看丹佛。我想20日就出发。
A:   You've got a meetingscheduled on the 20th. Do you want to cancel ['k?nsl] themeeting?
     你20日已经安排了一个会议。你想取消那个会议吗?
B:   Who's the meetingwith?
     是跟哪些人开会?
A:   It's with the mayor'soffice.
     是市长办公室的人。
B:   No.That's too important tocancel. Go ahead and reserve my flight for the 22nd.
     那就不要取消了,这个会议太重要。就订22日的航班吧。
A:   I'll get right on it.
     我会办好的。
B:   Thanks, Cathy.
     谢谢,凯西。

 


Dialogue4:

A:  When does our college have spring vacation this year?
     我们学校今年什么时候放春假?
B:   Let me look at my calendar.I wrote it down.
     让我看看我的日历,我记下来了。
A:   We get two weeks off,right?
     我们会有2个星期的假期,对吗?
B:   I think so.
     是的。
A:   Did you find it on yourcalendar yet?
     你在你的日历上找到了吗?
B:   Yes. Here it is. Our springbreak is from April 2nd to April 16th.
     是的,就在这儿。我们的春假是从4月2日到4月16日。
A:   Good. That's exactly twoweeks.
     好的。那就恰好2个星期。
B:   Where are you going?
     你打算去哪里?
A:   I'll go home for a week, andthen go to Florida.
     我会回家一个星期,然后去佛罗里达。
B:   You're going to thebeach?
     你要到海滩去吗?
A:   Yeah, it's going to befun.
     是的,那一定很好玩。
B:   I bet so, but as fun asMexico.
     我想是的,但不会有墨西哥那么好玩。
A:   You're going toMexico?
     你要去墨西哥吗?
B:   I've saved money all yearwith my friends.
     我跟我的朋友已经攒了一年的钱了。
A:   You're so lucky.
     你真幸运。

 

 


Dialogue5:

A:  Welcome to The Corner Bookstore. Can I help you?
     欢迎光临转角书店。有什么可以帮忙的吗?
B:   Yes, I ordered a book aboutpottery  two weeks ago. Is it in yet?
     是的,我两星期前订购了一木关于陶瓷的书。现在有了吗?
A:   Let me look on ourcomputer.
     让我在电脑上查查。
B:   It's written by SusanPotter.
     是苏珊伯特写的。
A:   When did you place theorder?
     你是什么时候下订单的?
B:   August 11th.
     8月11日。
A:   I see. It's been delayed dueto shortages
     我知道了,那本书由于缺货要迟些才到。
B:   When will it get here?
     那这里什么时候才有呢?
A:   I think it should be herewithin 6 weeks.
     我想6个星期以内就会有货的。
B:   But that's the middle ofOctober. I need this book for a class.
     但那已经是十月中旬了。我需要这木书上课。
A:   I'm sorry. Would you like tocancel your order?
     对不起。你要取消你的订单吗?
B:   No, I'll just wait until itgets here.
     不,我就等到这里有货为止吧。
A:   Okay. Sorry aboutthat.  Have a good day.
     好的,真抱歉,走好。

原创粉丝点击