2013-05-11《第二十九课情景对话》

来源:互联网 发布:考研每天时间安排 知乎 编辑:程序博客网 时间:2024/06/07 05:48

Dialogue 1:
A: Hey, Could you help me?
   嗨,你能帮我吗?
B: Sure. What do you need?
   当然可以。你想要什么?
A: I’m looking for an address. 524 Maryland Avenue.
   我正在找一个地址:马里兰大街524号
B: Let me think. Maryland Ave?
   让我想想,马里兰大街?
A: Any ideas?
   想到什么了吗?
B: Oh, yeah. I know. It’s about one mile over that way.
   噢,是了。我知道了。沿那边走大概一里左右。
A: Do you mean to the northwest?
   你是指往西北边走吗?
B: Yes. That’s right. It’s over by the new stadium.
   是的。完全正确。就在新运动场那一边。
A: Could you tell me how to get there?
   你能告诉我怎么到那儿吗?
B: Sure. You go up Monroe. That’s the street right there.
   当然可以。你一直走到满乐路。满乐路就在那。
A: Okay. Got it. For how long should I walk?
   我知道了。我要走多久?
B: Maybe 4 blocks. Then you take a right on Fulton.
   大概4个街区吧。然后在富尔顿路那儿转右。
A: Okay. I think I understand.
   好的。我想我明白了。
B: Then go down Fulton. For maybe half a mile. You’ll see MarylandAvenue on your left.
  然后沿富尔顿路一直走。大约走半里路。你就会看到马里兰大街就在左边。
A: That sounds easy enough. Thanks.
   那听起来够简单的。谢谢。
B: No problem. Good luck.
   没关系。祝你好运。

 

 

 

Dialogue2:
A: Excuse me. You seem lost.
   打扰一下,你似乎迷路了。
B: Actually I am a little lost. I thought the art museum was aroundhere.
  事实上我是有点迷路了。我原以为艺术博物馆就在这儿附近。
A: Oh. No. the art museum is on the other side of town.
   噢。不是。艺术博物馆在城的另一边。
B: Isn’t this Washington Street?
   这不是华盛顿街吗?
A: It is, but the art museum is on East Washington Street. This isWest Washington.
  是的。但艺术博物馆是在东华盛顿街。这是西华盛顿街。
B: Oh. That explains it. So I just go back down Washington,right?
   哦。怪不得。那么我往回走就行了。是吧?
A: Not really. This street ends at Jefferson Street.
   也不完全是。这条街街尾是跟杰弗逊街连在一起的。
B: What do I do there?
   我在那又该怎么办呢?
A: Take a left on Jefferson. Go up just one block.
   在杰弗逊街左转。再往前走一个街区就是了。
B: Okay. I see that on this map.
   好的。我在地图上看到了。
A: Good. After one block on Jefferson, you’ll see East Washingtonon your right.
  那就好。沿杰弗逊街走一个街区以后。你就会看到东华盛顿街在你的右边。
B: I guess the Art Museum will be there.
   我想艺术博物馆就在那儿。
A: Actually you’ll need to go another half mile down EastWashington. It’s easy to see. Though. Once you get there.
  事实上你还要沿东华盛顿街再走半里路。但一旦你到了那,你很容易会看到它的。
B: Thanks. This saves me a lot of  trouble.
  谢谢。这真给我省了很多麻烦。

 

 

 

Dialogue3:
A: We are so lost. Where is the highway?
   我们完全迷路了,高速公路在哪儿?
B: Let me get out the map.
   让我把地图拿出来。
A: We’ve been driving up and down this street forever.
   我们就一直在这条街上驶来驶去。好像永远都不走出去了。
B: I’m looking on the map right now.
   我现在就在查地图了。
A: Try to find enterstate-97
   找找97号州间高速路。
B: I’m trying. I’m trying.
   我正在找,我正在找。
A: Do you see anything familiar?
   你看到什么熟悉一点的东西吗?
B: Which street are we on?
   我们现在在哪条街上?
A: Baker street. We’ve going north on Baker street.
   贝克街。我们正在贝克街上朝北走。
B: I’ve found out where we are. you need to turn around and gosouth.
   我找到我们的位置了。你需要掉头往南走
A:Okay. What do I do after that?
   好的。然后我又该怎么做呢?
B: Drive until you see Green Street. Then go left.
   一直开到你看见格林街为止。然后就左转。
B: And where do I go after I get to Green Street?
   我到了格林街以后又该怎么做呢?
A: From there you’ll see exit signs for 97. we should befine.
 从那里你就会见到进入97号的标志了。我们会没事的。

 

 

 

Dialogue4:
A: Hey, buddy. Could you help me out?
   嗨,老兄,你能解救一下我吗?
B: Maybe. What do you need?
   也许吧。你需要我帮什么?
A: There’s supposed to be some famous clam restaurant around here.do you know anything about it?
  这附近好像有一间很著名的专门卖蛤蜊的餐厅。你知道是哪间餐厅吗?
B: let me think. Do you know the name?
  让我想想。你知道名字吗?
A: Not really. It’s something like Simmon’s or Sullivan’s
  不是非常清楚。好像是叫什么西蒙餐厅还是沙力文餐厅。
B: Oh, yeah. Sullivan’s Clam House. That’s right nearby.
   哦。是了。沙利文蛤房。就在这附近。
A: Can you tell me how to get there?
   你能告诉我怎么到那里吗?
B: Sure. Just go two blocks up Cooper Street.
   当然可以。就沿库波街直走两个街区。
A: That’s this street, right?
   那就是条街,是吗?
B: Right. You’ll get to the dock area. Then go to your right just afew yards.
   是啊。你要走到码头那边。再转右走几在码就到了。
A: I think I’ve got it.
   我想我明白了。
B: You should see it then. It’s got a large sign out front.
   你会一眼看到的。它前面有个大招牌。
A: Thanks a lot. This makes my evening a lot easier.
   感激不尽。我今晚就省了很多麻烦了。
B: Good luck and good eating.
  祝你好运,并且好好吃一顿。

 

 

 

Dialogue5:
A: Excuse me. Do you work here?
   打扰一下,你在这工作吗?
B: Yes. Can I help you?
   是的。我可以帮你吗?
A: I’m looking for the baggage claim area.
   我正在找行李领取处。
B: well. You need to go down to the first level.
   你得下去一楼。
A: I thought I was on the first level.
   我想我就是在一楼。
B: No. That is the second level. Go down to the first level. Thestairs are over there.
   不。这里是二楼。下去一楼吧。楼梯就在那边。
A: Okay. I see.
   好的。我明白了。
B: Good. On the first level. You’ll  see sings forthe baggage claim area.
   那就好。在一楼你就会看到行李领取处的标牌了。
A: Where is that area?
   是哪一边?
B: It’s on the far end of the first area.
   就在一区那边的尽头。
A: Past the information desk?
   要经过咨询台吗?
B: Yes. Go past the information desk.
   是的。经过咨询台。
A: Thanks. I’ll give that a try.
 谢谢。我试试看

 

原创粉丝点击