2013-06-07《第55课情景对话》

来源:互联网 发布:ce录音软件下载 编辑:程序博客网 时间:2024/06/06 06:44

Dialogue 1:

A: Do youthink our train is going to be here soon?
   我们的火车快来了吧?
B: If my watch is right, it should be here in the next two or threeminutes.
   要是我的表准的话,应该是在两三分钟后到这儿。
A: Do you really think it will get here that soon?
   你真的觉得那么快,它就到这儿了?
B: I hope so. Why do you ask?
   希望如此。怎么了?
A: I wanted to get coffee and something to eat.
   我想去喝杯咖啡,吃点东西。
B: You don’t have time now. You might miss the train.
   你没时间了,你可能会误了火车的。
A: No, I won’t. There’s a coffee shop right around thecorner.
   不,不会的,就在拐角那,就有间咖啡店。
B: It’s not worth the risk.
   不值得冒这个险。
A: I’m starving. It is worth the risk.
   我饿的不行了,我觉得值得。
B: You can get food on the train.
   你可以在火车上买吃的。
A: Maybe. Maybe not. Anyway, it’ll be more expensive.
   没准可以,没准买不到。反正,火车上的吃的,要贵得多。
B: Fine. Go ahead. Just know I can’t stop the train for you.
   好吧,去吧。我可告诉你,到时候我可没法儿叫火车停下来等你。
A: Watch my bags for me. I’ll be back in a second.
   帮我看着包,我马上就回来。
B: If you’re going to go, get me a cup of coffee.
   如果你真要去的话,帮我带杯咖啡。
A: Now you want a cup of coffee? Fine. I’ll be right back.
   现在你也想喝咖啡了?好吧,我马上就回来。

 

 

 

Dialogue 2:

A: What didyou say? I couldn’t hear you.
   你说什么?我听不清。
B: I just asked if you were cold.
   我只是问你冷不冷。
A: No. I’m fine. Those trains make so much noise.
   不冷,挺好的。那火车发出的声音太吵了。
B: It’s from their brakes. They have to stop a lot of weight.
   那是火车刹车的声音。要知道,火车这么重,要停下来不容易。
A: Yeah, I understand that. It’s just getting on my nerves.
   嗯,我明白。这声音弄得我神经都紧张了。
B: You won’t have to hear it from inside the train.
   上车后进到车厢里面,你就不用再听了。
A: That’s a relief. I hope the train is quiet.
   那就好多了。希望火车很安静。
B: It’s always quiet, quieter than a bus.
   火车通常都很安静的,比公共汽车还要安静。
A: I hope so. Do you think we’ll be able to get anything toeat?
   但愿如此。你觉得我们在火车上能买到吃的吗?
B: Yes. The lounge car always has snacks and sandwiches. They’rejust expensive.
   能。头等车厢总是有小吃和三明治卖,不过挺贵的。
A: I’m so tired. I just want to get on and fall asleep.
   我累坏了。我只想上车,然后睡一觉。
B: Good luck. I can never fall asleep in train seats.
   希望你有这样的好运。在火车座位上我从来都睡不着。
A: Why not?
   为什么睡不着?
B: I don’t know. They’re too stuffy. There’s not enough room.
   我不知道。也许是太闷了。空间也不足够。

 

 

 

Dialogue 3:
A: Hello, sir. Can I help you?
   你好,先生。需要帮忙吗?
B: Yeah. I’ve got kind of a problem. I missed my train.
   是的。我有件麻烦事。我误了火车。
A: That’s a pretty serious problem.
   那可是挺大的麻烦。
B: When does the next train leave for New Orleans?
   下一班去新奥尔良的火车什么时候开?
A: The next train leaves at 6:10 tonight.
   下班火车今天晚上6:10开。
B: Great. Can I just get on that one?
   好极了。我可以乘坐那班火车吗?
A: Yes, but you’ll need to buy a new ticket.
   可以,但你需要新买一张车票。
B: What? I already bought a ticket. Here it is.
   什么?我已经买过票了。你看。
A: I’m sorry, sir. That ticket is for the train that justleft.
   对不起,先生。那张票是用来乘坐刚离开的那班火车的。
B: But it’s still a train ticket.
   可是它仍然是一张火车票啊。
A: Look, buddy. A train ticket is not currency. You can’t cash itin whenever you want.
   好了,伙计。火车票可不是钞票。你不能想什么时候用就什么时候用。
B: It’s not my fault I was late getting to the station.
   我到火车站迟了,那不是我的错。
A: Oh, yeah? Well whose fault was it?
   噢,是吗?那么是谁的错呢?
B: It was the train company’s fault. Their website has baddirections to the station.
   是火车公司的错,他们网站上关于火车站位置的指示太糟了。
A: I’m sorry to hear that, but I can’t just give you a $200 trainticket. You have to buy a new one.
   听你这么说我感到很抱歉。不过我不能白给你一张200美元的火车票,你必须得再买一张新的。
B: That’s ridiculous.
    那太荒唐了。
A: What are you talking about? That’s how the system works. Calmdown or  I’ll call security.
   你在说什么?我们的制度就是这样的。冷静下来,否则我要叫警卫了。
B: Don’t worry. I’m going to take a bus.
   别费心了,我坐公共汽车去吧。

 

 

 

Dialogue 4:

A: Hey.Excuse me. I have a question.
   打扰了,我有个问题。
B: How can I help you?
    请讲。
A: I just got off the train from Washington. What’s the best way toget into New York from here?
   我刚从华盛顿来的火车上下来,请问,从这儿,去纽约最好选择是什么?
B: There are a couple of ways. You could take a bus or a commutertrain, or there might be a taxi that will go that far.
   有几种方法。你可以坐公共汽车,坐郊区火车,或者有些的士也愿意跑这么远。
A: How much would a taxi be?
   坐的士要多少钱?
B: About a hundred bucks, maybe.
   一百块左右吧。
A: Forget that. Did you say there was a commuter train?
   那就算了。你说有郊区火车?
B: Yeah. There are Tri-State Rail System trains leaving every halfhour for the city.
   是的。三州铁路系统的火车,每半小时就有一班车到纽约。
A: How much do they cost?
   车票要多少钱?
B: They’re ten dollars.
    十美元。
A: And how long is the trip?
    那要坐多久?
B: There are a few stops along the way. It’s about an hour fromhere to New York.
   沿途有几个站,从这里到纽约要花一个小时左右。
A: That’s fine. Where do I get a ticket?
   挺不错的。我到哪里买票呢?
B: Just go down the stairs. You’ll see a glass booth. Get a ticketthere. The trains are just next to the booth.
   就在楼下。你会看到一个玻璃售票亭。在那里买票。火车就在售票亭旁边。
A: Thanks.
    谢谢。
B: Don’t mention it.
   不用谢。

 

 

 

Dialogue 5:

A: Let metake one of those bags.
   我帮你拿一个包吧。
B: You’ve already got to carry your own bags.
   你还得提自己的包啊。
A: I know, but I can put yours on my shoulder.
   我知道,但我可以把你的包挎在我的肩上。
B: Why can’t I put my bag on my own shoulder?
   为什么我不能把我的包挎在自己的肩上呢?
A: I was just trying to help. Forgive me for being nice.
   我只是想帮忙。请原谅,我是出于好心的。
B: You were just trying to be the big strong man, right?
   你不过是试图扮演一个强壮男子汉的角色,对么?
A:  Is that such a bad thing?
   那样做难道是什么坏事吗?
B:  You're right. I’m tired. Here’s my bag.
   你说得对。我累了。这是我的包。
A:  You could say thank you.
   你应该说谢谢。
B: You should thank me.
   你应该对我说谢谢。
A: What for? I’m the one with all these bags.
   为什么呢?提包的人是我啊。
B: You wanted to carry the bags. I’m letting you be the big strongman.
   你想提这些包,我就给了你扮演一个强壮的男子汉的机会。
A: Of course. Thank you.
   也是,那,谢谢。
B: I’ll make myself useful and go get us some breakfast while we’rewaiting for the train.
   我也出些力吧,反正等火车,我去买点早餐吧。
A: Get me a biscuit and some coffee.
   给我买块饼干和咖啡。
B: Do you want cream or sugar with your coffee?
   你的咖啡要加奶或糖吗?
A: No. I just want it black.
   不用了,我只要黑咖啡。
B: Okay, I’ll be right back. Have a seat until then.
   好的,我很快就回来,坐在那儿,等我回来吧。