2013-06-07《第59课情景对话》

来源:互联网 发布:ce录音软件下载 编辑:程序博客网 时间:2024/06/06 08:39

Dialogue 1:

A: Excuseme. Do you work here?
   打扰一下,请问你是在这里工作的吗?
B: Yes I do. What can I do for you?
   是的。我能帮你做点什么?
A: I’m just looking for your travel section.
   我正在找你们的旅游专区。
B: Follow me. I’ll show you where it is located.
   跟我来,我指给你看它在哪里。
A: Thanks. I thought it would be by the history section.
   谢谢。我原以为它是挨着历史部的。
B: No. it’s over there. Is there a specific book you’re lookingfor?
   不,它在那里。你是在找一本特定的书吗?
A: I’m traveling to Thailand later. I wanted to see what books youhad about that.
   我迟一些要到泰国旅游。我想看看你们有什么关于泰国的书。
B: Thailand? Really? I had a friend in college who went there forvacation.
   泰国?真的吗?我有一个大学同学去过那里度假。
A: Did she like it?
    她喜欢吗?
B: She loved it. She said it was a great experience.
   喜欢。她说那是一次非常愉快的经历。
A: Oh, that’s good to hear. Do you recommend any books?
   哦,听你这样说真好。你有什么书可介绍的吗?
B: This book is from a good travel guide series. Especially foryounger travelers.
   这本书是一套很好的导游丛书中的一本,尤其适合年轻旅游者。
A: I guess that means travelers without a lot of money.
   我想你的意思是说没什么钱的旅游者吗?
B: Exactly. When are you going to Thailand?
   就是。你打算什么时候去泰国?
A: I’m leaving in August.
   我打算在八月份走。
B: Oh, it’s going to be hot. How long will you be gone?
   噢,那时会很热。你要去多久?
A: About 3 weeks. This book looks good. I think I’ll get it.
   大约3个星期。这本书看起来挺好的,我想买下来。
B: Great. You can pay for that up at the front of the store.
   太好啦。你可以就到店的前面那儿付款。
A: Thanks. It was nice talking to you. Bye now.
   谢谢,跟你说话真愉快。再见。

 

 

 

Dialogue 2:

A: How muchlonger do you want to stay in the bookstore?
   你还要在这书店里呆多久?
B: I don’t know. I’m just relaxing right now.
   我不知道,我现在只是放松一下而已。
A: You do look pretty comfortable.
   你看起来的确蛮舒适的。
B: That’s right. I have a cup of coffee and an interesting book toread. What more could I want?
   说得对。我可以一边喝咖啡一边读有趣的书。夫复何求呢?
A: I don’t want to stay here too long.
   我不想在这儿呆得太久。
B: Why not? Just get some coffee or dessert and a good book. Have aseat.
   为什么不呢?来杯咖啡或一份甜点。还有一本好书。坐吧。
A: I need to buy some clothes. The clothing store closes at 9p.m.
   我要买衣服,服装店晚上9点钟就关门了。
B: So? That’s in three hours? You’ve got time.
   就那样吗?还有3个小时呢。你还有时间。
A: Maybe you’re right. Where did you get that coffee?
   也许你是对的吧。你从哪里弄来的咖啡?
B: I got it from the café in the back of the store.
   我是在书店后面的咖啡店里买的。
A: I guess I’ll go back there and get some desserttoo. 

   我想我也要返回去买些甜点。
B: I recommend the chocolatecake.  
   我建议买些巧克力蛋糕。
A: The chocolate cake? That does sound good.
   巧克力蛋糕?的确是个好主意。
B: I’ll be here when you get back.
   回来后就到这儿找我。

 

 

 

Dialogue 3:

A: Excuseme. Do you wrap books?
   打扰一下,你们包书的吗?
B: Do you mean gift-wrap?
   你是说礼品包装吗?
A: Yes. It’s a birthday gift
   的是。这书是生日礼物。
B: Yes. sir. Step right over here. I’ll get that wrapped foryou.
   我们有这项服务的。先生。请过来这里。我替你包。
A: Great. I hate wrapping myself.
   太好了。我讨厌自己包装。
B: I understand. It’s not easy to do right.
   我明白,要包得好不容易。
A: Do I get a choice of wrapping paper?
   我可以自己选包装纸吗?
B: Yes. Here are our types of paper. Which do you prefer?
   可以。这是我们的纸的样式。你要选哪一个?
A: This book is for a little boy. So I guess I’ll take the bluepaper with the stars.
   这本书是给一个小男孩的。因此我想要那张有星星的蓝纸。
B: How old is the boy?
   小男孩有多大?
A: He’ll be eight next week. He’s mynephew.  

   他下个星期就8岁了。他是我的侄子。
B: Oh, that’s nice . I have a son about that age.
   哦。那真好。我的儿子也差不多大。
A: Really? Do you think this book would be a good gift?
   真的吗?你觉得这本书作礼物好吗?
B: Let me see. Oh, yes. This book is very popular right now withlittle boys.
   让我看看。噢,这本书现在很受小男孩欢迎呢。
A: That’s good to hear. I don’t have any kidsyet.  So I don’t know any about children’sbooks.
   听你这么说真好。我还没有孩子。所以我对儿童书籍一无所知。
B: Well, this is a good choice. I hope he has a happybirthday.
   你选得很好。我希望他生日快乐。
A: Thank you. I hope so too. And thanks for the good job with thewrapping paper.
   谢谢。我也希望这样。谢谢你包得那么好。
B: My pleasure. Have a nice day.
   乐意效劳。祝你有愉快的一天。

 

 

 

Dialogue 4:

A: Have youread this book?
   你读过这本书吗?
B: What is it? I can’t see.
   什么书?我看不到。
A: Here, take a look.
    这儿。看看。
B: Oh, yes. This is a classic. I read it in college.
   哦。看过了。这是文学经典。我在大学里读过了。
A: Is it any good?
    它好吗?
B: I think so. But it’s kind of complex. It’s not an easybook.
   好。但有点难懂。这本书并不好读。
A: I have to fly to Los Angeles on Friday. I need a book for theflight.  

   我要在星期五飞洛杉机,我需要一本书在途中看。
B: Then I don’t recommend that book. You should get somethingeasier.
   那我就不推荐那本书了。你该找本容易一点的。
A: Like what? If the book is too easy. I’ll just get bored.
   比如呢?如果书太容易的话,我只会觉得闷。
B: Try one of these mystery novels. 
   试试在这些神秘小说中挑一本。
A: Yes. This one looks interesting.
   好的。这本看上去挺有趣的。
B: I haven’t read this one. But I have read other books by thisauthor.  
   我还没读过这本。但我读过这个作者的其它书。
A: Is she any good?
    她写得好吗?
B: I think so. She doesn’t write great classics. But her books arepretty good.
   好。她不写大部头的书。但她的书挺不错的。
A: Then this book is coming on the plane with me.
   那我就拿这本书上飞机了。
B: Let me know how you like it when you’ve done.
   你读完了告诉我你觉得它怎么样。

 

 

 

Dialogue 5:

A: Hey,Dennis. What are you doing in the bookstore?
   嗨,丹尼斯。你在书店里干什么?
B: Probably the same thing you are.
   很可能就跟你在做的事情一样。
A: You’re looking for the book we need for history class?
   你是在找我们历史课要用的那本书吗?
B: That’s right.
    是的。
A: I’ve got bad news. They don’t have it.
   我有一个坏消息。他们没有这本书。
B: Can we order the book?
   我们可以订购这本书吗?
A: Maybe, but it won’t get here in time.
   也许吧。但我们不会及时拿到手。
B: Why not? We have two months to read it.
   为什么呢?我们有两个月的时间去读它呢。
A: Yes. But the sales person here told me that isout-of-print.
   是的。但售货员告诉我那本书已经绝版了。
B: Oh. No. Then how are we going to get it?
   噢,不。那我们要怎样才能弄到那本书?
A: She recommended using the Internet
   她提议我们利用因特网。
B: That will take forever to have it shipped.
   那不知要多久才能运来这里。
A: Maybe we should just tell our professor.
   也许我们就这样告诉教授吧。
B: Are you kidding? He must know already. He just doesn’tcare.
   你在开玩笑吗?他肯定已经知道了。他就是不管。
A: He will care if his entire class can’t get the book.
   如果全班都找不到这本书,他还能不管吗?
B: I’m sure a few people have found it.
   我肯定有些人已经找到了。
A: It doesn’t matter. Most people won’t find it.He will have toassign a different book to read.
   那不要紧。大多数人找不到的。他将不得不布置另一本书给我们读。
B: I hope you’re right.
   我希望你说的是对的。

原创粉丝点击